Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Future Sustainable Homes will have Pools!

What will the sustainable home of the future look like? Will the solar space (the rooftops) be populated with evacuated tubes, PV, boxed and glazed, pool collectors, wind turbines, air conditioners or what exactly? Over recent years thanks to enormous efforts on the part of governments to further solar electricity (photovoltaics or PV) the cost is down and technology has advanced, so much so that we’re competing with PV for roof space almost every time we try to solar heat a pool in California! If we can cool a PV panel we can improve its performance by as much as 20%. That is solar thermal energy that we want to get rid of. The best place to dump it is into the backyard pool. Why not heat the pool as a bonus to cooling the PV? Let's talk about home and water heating. This is a storage challenge more than it is a solar collection one. Its what holds us back on most large scale solar water heating opportunities. No place for a big storage tank. We need to store that solar energy when its available so we can use it when we need it. The perfect storage tank is the backyard swimming pool. The future will be all about electricity. We have to get away from the localized burning of fossil fuels just for showers and space heat. We can do all that with electricity and we will. The future is electricity. Solar, wind, hydro, micro hydro are all carbon free and electric. But natural gas is cheap. That's the roadblock. To get more out of our electrons we employ heat pumps. These magical devices use low grade energy like that wasted from PV panels or collected by solar thermal panels, pump that energy up through a refrigeration cycle and deliver usable higher temperature heat. Heat pumps operate both ways. In other words they can cool your house and dump that excess energy. Again, where better to dump that energy than the backyard swimming pool? The future low energy home has a great big storage tank out in the yard and its part of the home. You can swim in it. If a warm pool is the sacrifice we have to make to go green then so be it.

8 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. My husband and I are thinking about installing a pool in our backyard. We are trying to come up with the best way to maintain it. Thanks for sharing. http://poolsolarwa.com/solar-heating/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, here is other great idea to heat the pool https://www.patriotdirect.org/how-to-heat-a-pool-with-solar-energy/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and informative Blog. Great Idea, thanks for sharing helpful and interesting Idea and challenges of solar pool heating with us.

    Spa fragrances Lancaster County, PA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greeting!
    Solar Water Heaters are called solar domestic hot water systems can be a cost-effective way to generate hot water for your home. They can be used in any climate, and the fuel they use the sunshine is free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information, thanks for sharing.
    Solar Pool Heating
    Solar Albuquerque
    Solar System Installation

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Lemeridian funding service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to lemeridian funding service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to Le_meridian funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact Le_meridian funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearten man called Benjamin Breil Lee working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Benjamin Breil Lee helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Benjamin on what's app +1-989-394-3740 Or  also with his personal E-mail on lfdsloans@outlook.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m Артур Борис a resident/citizen of the Republic Of Russian. I’m 52 years of age, an entrepreneur/businessman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business, if not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr Benjamin Lee to get a loan worth $250,000 USD from his company. When i contacted them it took just five working days to get my loan process done and transferred to my account. Even with a bad credit history, they still offer their service to you. They also offer all kinds of loan such as business loans, home loans, personal loans, car loans. I don’t know how to thank them for what they have done for me but God will reward them according to his riches in glory. If you need an urgent financial assistance contact them today via email lfdsloans@outlook.com  WhatsApp information...+1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete